This Vegan Bolognese is a hearty and flavorful dish that’s easy to toss together. Made with mostly pantry items, this savory sauce is composed of simple ingredients. This can easily be tossed in the freezer for a dish later in the week as well. Perfect for a new mm or busy not he go family.
Slow Cooker Vegan Bolognese w/ Lentils
- 1 tbsp Olive or avocado oil
- 1 Sweet onion, diced
- 1 Large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups Green lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup White mushrooms, diced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Italian Seasoning
- 1 can Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato paste
- 1 cup Water or red wine
- 1 lb Rigatoni pasta
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bread for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the diced onion and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes, add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the onion mixture to your crockpot.
- Add lentils, can of diced tomatoes w Italian seasoning, can of fire roasted tomatoes, can of tomato paste, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, water or red wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Cook pasta as per box instructions, top with bolognese and serve.