Sneak veggies into any meal with these Easy and Delicious Broccoli and Zucchini Fritters that come together in minutes and perfectly pair with a dollop of sour cream, greek yogurt or (hear me out) even some applesauce. My kids even love with ketchup or hummus. They’re the perfect quick-fix side dish or healthy snack.
Parents often are frustrated at the lack of desire their kids have for veggies. We have resulted to veggie tots and veggie noodles to attempt to get those nutrients in. I have a fun, easy and delicious Broccoli and Zucchini Fritter recipe that you can even sneak by your significant other if they’re opposed to veggies as well.
Broccoli and Zucchini Fritters
- 1 head Broccoli
- 2 cups Shredded zucchini
- 1 cup Tofu
- 1 cup All-purpose flour (almond or coconut flour is good as well)
- 2 Chickpea egg (flaxseed egg works the same)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (you can also use avocado oil)
- 1/2 Red onion
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Chop the broccoli head into florets. Cook broccoli in a steamer until is fork-tender. After that, slightly mash it.
- Chop onion, red bell pepper and garlic in small pieces. Sauté them until onion is translucent and pepper is tender.
- In a big bowl, add mashed broccoli, sauté veggies and shredded zucchini. Stir to combine.
- In a different bowl mashed tofu until a ricotta cheese consistency, use a stick blender if necessary. Add mashed tofu to the big bowl.
- Prepare the chickpea egg by whisking 2 tbsp of chickpea flour with 4 tbsp of water. Add salt, ground pepper and nutritional yeast. Add the chickpea egg to the big bowl and stir to combine.
- Finally, add flour and stir again to get a smooth paste.
- Heat a skillet and drizzle a tbsp of olive oil. Using your hands form the fritters and cook them in medium heat until golden brown.
- Keep left-overs in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Leave a Comment