This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. It’s the perfect quick and easy dinner when you’re looking for something hearty and healthy!
What I love about this skillet meal is that it’s completely plant-based, yet it’s nice and hearty. There are 2 cans of white beans so it easily fills you up without the guilt.
The best part is that it is packed with veggies, fire roasted diced tomatoes and a whole bunch of kale. I like to use dinosaur kale in this recipe, and I tear it in rustic fashion so that there are no tough kale stems in the servings.
Vegan White Bean and Kale Skillet
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 large White or yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup Oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup White wine or you can use vegetable broth
- 2 cans White cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can Artichoke hearts, drained and chopped or you can leave them whole for presentation
- 1 tbsp Italian spices
- 2 cups Kale, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm olive or avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add your onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for an additional minute.
- Deglaze the pan with your choice of white wine or vegetable broth. I love the flavor the white wine adds to this dish.
- Add beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts, Italian spices to the skillet. Stir until combined.
- Cover the pan and cook for 7-8 more minutes.
- While this is cooking, turn on your oven and start warming the crusty bread.
- Uncover the skillet and add the kale, stirring until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.