Such cute treats! I really love the idea of handing out homemade goodies on Halloween. It’s such a fun, personal touch.
This post is sponsored by M&M’S and SHE Media
Halloween is just around the corner and I am using this festive day to get to know my new neighbors. We recently moved to a new construction neighborhood. Everyone here is new to the block, which is so fun! There are a ton of families similar to ours that I would love to get to know. I am creating some Boo Kits to bring to my new neighbors so I can ensure I am the “Best House on the Block”.
In my Boo Kits I am creating some fun M&M’S Ghoul Cookies in a jar, Boosy Ghosts and Cheesy Jack o Lanterns.
First up is my M&M’S Ghoul Cookies, these are so fun and easy to create. I am using the M&M’S Peanut Ghouls Mix Candies for a fun and colorful touch on the treats. The best part is that they are given in a mason jar with pre-measured dry ingredients. Give the jar as a gift, and all the recipient has to do is add the wet ingredients to the contents of the jar and bake. So fun and festive!
I used a funnel to help place the ingredients into the jar, you can also just use a spoon or even a rolled up paper plate. Once filled, I decorated the jar after filling it with ribbon and stickers. You can use a gift tag or a card to add instructions for baking. I found these fun Boo cards that I used to add the instructions for the jars.
Ingredients (for each mason jar)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M’S Peanut Ghouls Mix Candies
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1-quart Mason jar
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Pour into the bottom of a 1-quart mason jar (I rolled up a paper plate to use as a funnel). Top the flour mixture with M&M’S Peanut Ghouls Mix Candies, dropping them in slowly, to keep them from sinking into the flour. Top the M&M’S candies with brown sugar, then lastly the granulated sugar. Seal with the lid.
Recipe to include with the jar:
- In a large bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of melted and cooled unsalted butter, 1 large egg, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Add the contents of the jar and gently stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined (dough will be crumbly). Chill for 30 minutes.
- Form golf ball sized portions of dough, pressing firmly as you form the ball. Place the dough balls onto lined baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Place baking sheet on a rack to cool once done.
Just to make sure that these were suitable for my new friends, I had to make a batch and test them out! Yep, they were perfect!
Next up is my Boosy Ghosts! These were super simple and so fun. I prefer to drop them into a cup of hot chocolate, they begin to melt and creating a white chocolate drink. As the ghost melts he becomes even more ghostly! But they’re also delicious eaten just on their own.
1 cup white chocolate or coating chocolate
Non stick mat or parchment paper
Edible eye candies
Heat the chocolate as per the instructions on container, microwaving 1-2 mins on half power and stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
Once melted, use a spoon and drop one spoonful onto the baking mat.
Use the back of the spoon the smear the chocolate downwards.
While chocolate is still wet, carefully add the eyes on the top portion of the ghosts.
Repeat the process to make as many ghosts as you would like.
Place the baking mat into the freezer for 30 mins to harden.
Last but not least, the cheesy Jack o Lanterns! I used a clear party treat bag and drew a Jack o Lantern face with a permanent marker onto the bag then filled it with the cheesy cheese balls. If you have any green pipe cleaners or twist ties this would be a perfect pair, I however could not locate any in my house so white it was.
So here’s to another BOO-tiful way of becoming the best house on the block! How do you think I did? What would you add to my Boo Kit?
To learn more about M&M’S or to get social with them, check out below:
Leave a Comment