If you’ve stocked up like me on things like bananas then this is the post for you. My kids either eat every single banana and I have to add it to my grocery list again or they sit there and go bad. This time I used the ripe ones and made them into something I know my kids will eat- cookies!
Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray.
- Place ½ cup oats into a food processor or blender and pulse until the oats are ground into flour like consistency.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and flax.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the bananas, egg, and vanilla. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using a large scoop, divide the dough into 16 cookies. Press the tops flat, as these cookies remain in the same shape as they cook.
- Bake for 10 minutes of until the middle is set. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Leave a Comment