Christmas is full of family traditions, when my husband and I moved into our very first home we wanted to start a few of our own. Growing up, my mom always made a Christmas morning breakfast. It was a breakfast casserole that we had just that one time of the year and each year we looked forward to it.
With my family I chose to make a Cinnamon Roll French Toast, selfishly because it sounded so delicious to me, and I am a BIG cinnamon roll fan! It’s a hit each year and there are never any leftovers!
CINNAMON ROLL FRENCH TOAST
- 2 Tubes Cinnamon Rolls with icing
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 8 pieces
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, milk and vanilla
- Add your cinnamon roll pieces into the bowl, fold together and coat evenly
- Place contents of bowl into your baking dish, use spatula to spread mixture evenly
- Pour 3/4 cup of maple syrup over the mixture
- Bake at 375°F for 25 min
- Remove from oven, top with remaining syrup & the icing from the cinnamon rolls package
What are your Christmas traditions?
Have a recipe I should try? Let me know!