This post was sponsored by Gillette Venus as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
As a mom of two littles who also works from home, getting out of the house for things other than errands is a treat! One thing I really try to focus on fitting in my schedule are date nights with my husband. We will blink and our kids will be grown up and out of the house, so we do truly treasure family nights. However, date nights with the hubs has also become very important to me as well.
Cue the music (pour some sugar on me) while I drop my hair from my mom bun, that I have rocked for 4 days, and grab my razor to head to the bathroom. I need a refreshing shower and shave before anything happens outside of the house. Gillette Venus products help me feel confident and date-ready, quickly & easily, especially their new Platinum Extra Smooth. On the rare occasion I shave above my knee, it means that it is date night, and I use Venus to help me get ready!
Here’s my 4 essentials for a successful date night:
- A comfortable outfit– there’s a 90% chance what I am wearing is a recent find from Target
- Gillette Venus Platinum Extra Smooth Razor- I find that I cut myself less with Venus Platinum razor because the 360-degree ribbon of moisture technology helps glide smoothly. The New Platinum Metallic Handle is perfectly balanced and shaped for great control, including anti-slip texture designed for a better grip in wet conditions. The metal handle has great grip for in-shower use, meaning less nicked skin!
- Mutually decided location– Yes, my husband is guilty of the “whatever you want honey”, however we always ensure to do something we both agree on.
- Plans for dessert– I am guilty of having a sweet tooth. My date nights are my cheat nights to get a dessert after my meal, drive me though for a frosty or grab me a candy bar.
- It is so important to us to have these moments to reconnect and be outside of our usual scenery. We have found that it is a huge stress reliever for both us to have this time together.
4 Rules That We Try To Abide By For Date Night
- Always make it affordable– never break the bank for a date night, we splurge sometimes for really good tickets to a Heat game or an exceptional restaurant- but this is not every time.
- Stick to a schedule- we don’t have a certain day that we stick to however we know that it is once a week, if not then absolutely at least once every other week.
- No cell phones– Yes, I run my business from my phone so I am constantly on it. However, during date night an effort is made to ensure my attention is not on my phone.
- Talk about goals- My husband is not only my best friend but also my sounding board. We both have achieved success that we are so grateful for. We strive to continue pushing forward and like to take this time to discuss our next steps with our business and goals.
This was my 5 seconds of phone time to document the event before it was no phone zone.
What are some fun date night ideas that you think we should try? Do you have any date-night prep tips?
Get social with Gillette Venus:
Show your Target love:
Store Locator: https://www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores
Use this store locator to check out the Venus display at your local Target until April 22nd. Take a look and purchase the Venus Platinum Extra Smooth razor for your own experience!