A banana chocolate chip pound cake, yes you heard right. All those delicious words into one sentence, grab your bananas and let’s do this!
I am back with another recipe for those bananas you’ve got turning brown on your counter! If you’re like me, your buying them every week because your kids either eat every one or eat none at all. At the end of the week I need to find something to do with the left overs. I love peeling the brown ones and throwing them into a ziplock and storing them in the freezer for quick and easy recipes like this one.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ tbsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (you can use Semi-Sweet/Milk Chocolate/Vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Slowly, add in eggs, egg yolks, banana, almond or vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add in flour, a little at a time. Beat on low, until batter is combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes and then remove from the pan.