This Spiced Plum Pound Cake has the perfect amount of plum flavor and moist richness that makes this recipe a keeper.
This cake also comes together pretty quickly, which is always nice when you’re looking for a good dessert that’s not only easy but quick too.
Spiced Plum Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups Spelt flour
- ¾ cup Coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup Raisins
- 2 large eggs
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups Chopped fresh plums
- 1 Tbsp Marmalade
- ¼ Cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ Cup Dark rum or ¼ Cup – mild coffee (for a non-alcohlic version)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground ginger
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Baking soda
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced almonds to garnish on top
- Finely chop the plums and the raisins or process it in a food processor to break it into smaller pieces.
- Take the plums in a pan and add the coconut sugar.
- Place the pan on low heat and cook the plums until it turns tender.
- Take it off heat and add in the marmalade, cocoa powder, butter and the spices and mix with a spatula until it is evenly combined.
- In a mixing bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
- Crack one egg at a time into the bowl and mix until it is mixed evenly
- Add the rum or coffee and mix it thoroughly.
- Shift in the spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl and mix until all the dry mixture is combined to form a uniform batter.
- Take out the batter in a greased and lined 8 inch loaf pan or into an 8 inch baking pan. Sprinkle the almond slices on top.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius for around 50-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature and enjoy!